Professional Nurse 6-months Contract
Ubuntu Pathways - Zwide, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Contract | Nursing
Closing date yi 3rd ka July 2020
- This Port Elizabeth, Zwide based NGO has the following vacancy for which an excellent basic salary and benefits are being offered.
- Applicants must possess a University Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Must be in possession of a current SANC registration.
- Dispensing licence
- Preferred training courses completed:
- Experience in the field of HIV/AIDS management is required.
- Experience in anti-natal and management of children is required.
- Experience in project management preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Fluency in isiXhosa & English.
- Integrate HIV/AIDS management in paediatric and adult patient care.
- Integrate TB and PMTCT management for all clients as needed.
- Provide physical examinations for patients during consultation and record data obtained such as pulse rate, respiration rate, blood pressure, temperature, weight and height.
- Draw blood from patients for baseline tests and others (i.e. CD4 count, HIV Elisa, Viral Load, etc)
- Conduct rapid tests such as: lactate metre, glucometer, haemoglobin meter, pregnancy, and HIV.
- Interpret and deliver test and lab results.
- Check and administer drugs and injections.
- Provide ARV adherence counselling.
- Provide health-related education to clients as needed.
- Escort clients to hospitals and clinics as needed.
- Conduct home visits for non-adherent patients living with HIV and patients needing special accommodations (bed ridden, unable to walk, providing growth monitoring to children at home, etc.) in collaboration with Case Workers.
- Facilitate support groups/workshops on various topics.
- Maintain patient records ensure confidentiality of all patient files, documents, and information
- Gather, analyse and submit all relevant statistical data on a monthly basis.
- All candidates progressing past the CV screening phase will be expected to undergo mandatory competence based assessments.
- Salary range from R18 241.00 up to R27 793.00 basic salary per annum depending on scope of competence and experience.
Application Information & Method
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Siseko Gwegwe nge 30 ka June 2020