Artisan - Civil
Transnet - East London, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Engineering
Closing date yi 17 ka July 2020
- The provision of an effective civil maintenance, repairs and new works service within NPA civil infrastructure to ensure the availability and reliability.
- High school – grade 10
- Qualified trade tested artisan in one of the building trades, i.e. Bricklaying, Carpentry or plumbing
- Code 08 Drivers license
- 3-5 years experience as an Artisan
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of hand tools, materials and Equipment
- Knowledge of safety signs
- Knowledge basic Fire fighting and first aid
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organising skills
- Supervisory skills
- Tiling (wall and floor) – marley tiles, ceramic, carpet tiles.
- General plumbing i.e. toilet, basin, showers.
- Sewer, remove and fit taps
- Removes and fit new water pipes.
- Shoring - General Painting to building.
- Remove and install complete geyser system.
- Build manholes
- Remove and replace defective, storm water covers, drains, gutters.
- Open blocked drains and sewerage
- Erect/repair signposts and boards
- Supervise and assist Process workers in digging holes and trenches.
- Supervise and assist process Workers in the Mixing concrete using shovel or concrete mixer.
- Cut and bend reinforcing for concrete work
- Rendering defective flooring
- Manufacture doors, windows and frames and sink/kitchen cupboards
- Operate carpentry/ heavy duty machinery
- Design water lines ( sizes of pipes) 15mm –325mm.
- Make up plumbing fittings
- Repairs to air condition piping
- Inspection of sewer lines and pipe work done by contractors or lower graded workers Installation of hydro-boils
- Repairs to all valves.
- Reading meters
- Lay foundations
- Repairs to water stand pipes for ships water and underground mains.
- Repairs to hydrants
- Sand papering, grinding of cutting tools for spindles, drilling
- Laying of concrete paving slabs/blocks, dish channels
- Cuts and lays plastic damp proofing
- Casts concrete lintols
- Breaking concrete/brick work using hammer.
- Chisel, jack hammer.
- Make and erect boxing. (Slot drains, quay walls)
- Excavation using pick and shovel
- Cutting of rail barriers using cutting torch.
- Repairs to bar grids
- Read plans and diagrams
- Measuring and taking levels.
- Undertake necessary preparation work
- Erect, repair or maintain ceilings.
- Fixes interior and exterior window sills.
- Manufacture and fit roof trusses
- Fit asbestos/tiled roofs
- Manufacture, maintain and/repairs to office furniture and shelves (carpentry)
- Builds trestles or scaffolds.
- Operates overhead crane in workshop as well as truck mounted crane, Titan Crane, Barge crane – 10 ton)
- Demolish old brickwork.
- Lay concrete surface beds
- Control of tools and materials.
- Mentor/share knowledge with lower graded workers in building maintenance.
- Pressure testing (water) Inspections of geysers and similar installations Inspections of sewer lines/ connections
- Re-laying of sewer pipes/damaged sewer pipes ( 4” – 15”)
- Repairs to sewer valves and non-return valves as well as air- con pipes.= etc.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
- If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to UVIWE.MBAMBANI@TRANSNET.NET.
Download Full Vacancy
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka June 2020