TB HIV Care - Queenstown, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Social Work
- To provide psychosocial and counselling services to ART and TB clients who are failing to adhere to treatment and as a result not suppressing virologically and/or converting bacteriological status.
- To lead the case management model and provide psychosocial support to selected cases as identified by case officers and nurse clinicians.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Bachelor of Arts in social work or Bachelor of Social Science
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Social Worker and exposure to a TB and HIV programme
- Knowledge of South African legislation and frameworks including Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Computer Literate
- Clear Criminal Record
- Ability to speak isiXhosa, English and any other South African language
Skills & Competencies
- Problem solving
- Report writing skills
- Planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Deadline driven
- Facilitate a referral process and fast-track clients from teams in order to assess and provide direct psychosocial support to clients
- Ensures that direct service delivery teams provide appropriate interventions and/or referrals based on the needs arising
- Conducts home visits for patients when required, particularly those lost to follow-up
- Provides onsite and/or telephonic post-initiation and adherence counselling to link clients to treatment and retain them in care
- Coordinates and facilitates district-level quarterly meetings with other stakeholders to establish a forum for feedback and tailored service delivery reports
- Aligns and facilitates monthly adherence clubs and support groups to improve ART and TB retention
- Informs clients of eligibility criteria for social support and disability grants
- Records and maintains accurate and detailed client’s information and interventions and keeps statistics in order to submit as required
- Assists clients with appropriate referrals for other issues related to psychosocial, (e.g. rape, substance abuse, gender based violence, etc.)
- Maintains relations with health facility managers, and other gate keepers/stakeholders
- We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
- It is company policy to promote from within, wherever possible.
- We will ensure that we accommodate internal candidates, however to maintain a competitive advantage and to recruit best talent is also important for the organisation.