Team Member: Education (4381)
South African Revenue Service - Gqeberha, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Finance
Closing date yi 28 ka January 2022
- To provide expertise, advice and support to deliver on operational implementation plans and / or associated service delivery processes, by carrying out all activities of TPS Engagement Education and Campaign programmes and offer education service to taxpayer segments, in order to continuously enhance service delivery.
- Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) AND 2-3 years' experience in a Taxpayer Education environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level; OR
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 5 years’ experience in a Taxpayer Education environment
Skills & Competencies
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical thinking
- Customer Service
- Conceptual ability
- Organisational awareness
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Building Sustainability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Willing to learn
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency Improvement
- Planning and Organising
- Awareness Campaign Management
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers, SARS role players and third parties to achieve predefined objectives
- Research, identify and provide programmes to address educational needs for specific sectors or segments to grow the tax base and increase compliance.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst others policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery in order to meet or exceed customer expectations
- The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest.
- The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 20 ka January 2022