Sakhisizwe Local Municipality - Cala, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Municipality
Closing date yi 17 ka July 2020
- Grade 12
- Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year working experience as an electrician.
- Valid Driver’s Licence C1.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor sound infrastructure development programme for the electrical networks.
- Sound knowledge of the OHS Act and distribution network management and operations compliances.
- Knowledge of Local Government Legislations.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the INEP Grant projects.
- Ensure the satisfactory rendering of the electrical department functions including safe, efficient operations and maintenance of the network to restore the network and minimise outages.
- Network control, metering, protection, minimising electricity losses and demand side management.
- Electrical Engineering – infrastructure consisting of 66/22/11Kv network and a demand of 14 MVA.
- Plan and manage the planning, work in progress and completion of specialised tasks and activities associated with 22/11/0,4/0,23Kv system.
- Lead, co-ordinate and oversee the maintenance of the town’s street lighting systems, park and athletic field lights and electrical system and building security lighting.
- Responsible for revenue, meter installation, meter readings, meter audits and billing calculation.
- Assist in maintenance of municipal buildings, traffic, street and high mast lights and approval of building plans, assistance in town and regional planning and management of technical contracts awarded by Council.
- Sakhisizwe Municipality is an Affirmative Action and Equal opportunity employer, it encourages people with disabilities and women to apply and disclose the nature of their disabilities for the purpose of addressing the Municipalities Employment Equity Plan.
- Correspondence will be limited to successfully candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within 01 month from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Canvassing of Councillors is not permitted and will result to disqualification thereof.
- The Council reserves the right not to make any appointment.
- Interested persons should submit their detailed CV’s, certified copies of qualifications and supporting documents with application letters.
- Failure to submit documents listed above will result in disqualification.
- Faxed/emailed application will not be accepted and APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Without prejudice and with due respect, correspondence will only be limited to short-listed applicants due to circumstances beyond our control.
- The Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment in respect of the advertised posts.
- Closing Date: 17 July 2020@16H00
- TASK GRADE 11
- R260 287.31 - R337 867.00
Download Full Vacancy
- Applications should be addressed to: Acting Municipal Manager Sakhisizwe Municipality Erf 5556 Umtata Road CALA
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka June 2020