AFS, Budget & Revenue Manager
Sakhisizwe Local Municipality - Cala, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Municipality
Closing date yi 17 ka July 2020
- Grade 12
- B Com Degree in Accounting or National Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
- Must have at least 3 years minimum working experience and proof of compiling Annual Financial Statements for a Municipality, Managing of Budget Report and Asset Management
- Certificate in Municipal Finance Management Programme is an added advantage or a candidate will be afforded an opportunity to do the programme over an 18 month period
- Must have completed articles as a Trainee Accountant
- Ability to work under pressure
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Managing the process of compiling financial statements, budget and reporting and asset management
- Directing and preparing credible monthly, quarterly and annual GRAP compliant financial statements
- Performing monthly audit readiness by coordinating monthly the preparation of the audit file for external audit
- Coordinating and facilitating all internal control procedures associated with the compilation of Financial Statements
- Preparing and submission of Section 52d, 71 and 72 reports to the Chief Financial Officer
- Preparation, implementing and monitoring of annual budget
- Preparation, implementing and monitoring of an adjustment budget
- Ensuring that fixed asset register, sub-ledgers, general ledger and all relevant audit control balance to ensure credible compilation of mandatory statements and reports.
- Update the fixed assets register and balance it with general ledger monthly.
- Prepare and develop procedures for Audit working file information and respond to audit queries out of mandatory audits.
- Assisting with compilation of audit action plan.
- Sakhisizwe Municipality is an Affirmative Action and Equal opportunity employer, it encourages people with disabilities and women to apply and disclose the nature of their disabilities for the purpose of addressing the Municipalities Employment Equity Plan.
- Correspondence will be limited to successfully candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within 01 month from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Canvassing of Councillors is not permitted and will result to disqualification thereof.
- The Council reserves the right not to make any appointment.
- Interested persons should submit their detailed CV’s, certified copies of qualifications and supporting documents with application letters.
- Failure to submit documents listed above will result in disqualification.
- Faxed/emailed application will not be accepted and APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Without prejudice and with due respect, correspondence will only be limited to short-listed applicants due to circumstances beyond our control.
- The Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment in respect of the advertised posts.
- Closing Date: 17 July 2020@16H00
- TASK GRADE 14
- R389 502.75 - R505 608.72
Download Full Vacancy
- Applications should be addressed to: Acting Municipal Manager Sakhisizwe Municipality Erf 5556 Umtata Road CALA
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka June 2020