Public Protector South Africa - Various Areas, Nationwide
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 21 ka January 2022
- Location: Head Office, Pretoria (Reference: PPSA 10/01/2022) X2
- Location: Mpumalanga, Nelspruit (Reference: PPSA 11/01/2022) X2
- Location: Eastern Cape, Mthatha (Reference: PPSA 12/01/2022) X1
- A Degree or National Diploma in any of the following fields: Law/Auditing/Accounting/Forensic Investigations/Criminology/Criminal Justice/Policing
- Minimum three (3) years Investigation experience or experience in a related field such as Auditing and Compliance
- Good understanding of legislative prescripts that give mandate to Public Protector SA
- Computer literacy
- Understanding of South African Public Service Administration
- Knowledge and application of Case Management System (CMS) or other computer management system
- Knowledge of auditing or investigation techniques
- A valid driver’s license
- Fluency in English and other official language relevant to the Province/Region
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of good governance
- Excellent negotiation, mediation and conciliation skills (Alternative Dispute Resolution)
- Legal research skills
- Legal interpretation
- Knowledge of Case Management or similar computerised management system
- Report writing skills
- Project Management skills
- Forensic investigation skills will be an advantage
- Effective general management and administration skills in addition to above
- Ability to timeously resolve queries and finalise investigations, and make recommendations to effectively address maladministration and correct service delivery failure
- Legal research and interpretation
- Production of high-quality reports
- Must have strong ability to initiate hearings, gather information and facts
- The position requires individuals who are objective, impartial and initiative.
- Must be able to deal with complaints, resolve, rectify, make presentations and generally act without fear, favour or prejudice.
- Conduct Investigations on complaints relating to maladministration in state organs and parastatals, abuse or unjustifiable exercise of power or other improper conduct or undue delay by persons performing a public function, and any act or omission by persons in the employ of government which may result in improper prejudice to any person
- Give complainants feedback on progress made. Investigate and finalize allocated cases within the stipulated turnaround times
- Please quote the reference number and position applying for on the email subject line.
- All appointments will be done in terms of the Public Protector Act and a 12-month probation period which may be extended to 18 months will be applicable.
- The successful candidate will be expected to sign the secrecy declaration form and a performance agreement within 2 months of accepting the position.
- All successful candidates will have to undergo security clearance and vetting.
- The Public Protector South Africa reserves the right not to fill the vacancies.
- Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter with a detailed CV, 3 contactable references, recently certified (within 6 months) copies of qualifications (matric certificates, certificates of qualifications), a valid Driver’s License (where required) and ID document.
- Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.
- Correspondences will be limited to the short-listed candidates.
- Should you not be contacted within 2 months, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- The Public Protector South Africa is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender and disability).
- Preference will be given to the candidates whose appointment or promotion meets the requirements for Employment Equity representivity in the Institution.
- People with disabilities and Males (All races) will be given preference.
- Head Office, Pretoria (Reference: PPSA 10/01/2022)
- Mpumalanga, Nelspruit (Reference: PPSA 11/01/2022)
- Eastern Cape, Mthatha (Reference: PPSA 12/01/2022)
- R414 390.00 per annum plus benefits
- Head Office, Pretoria: Ms P Moota on tel (012) 366 7020
- Mpumalanga, Nelspruit: Ms V Shongwe on tel (013) 752 8543
- Eastern Cape, Mthatha: Ms N Koliti on tel (040) 635 1286/7
- 21 January 2022, 16:30
Download Full Vacancy
- Head Office, Pretoria: For the attention of Ms P Moota
- Mpumalanga, Nelspruit: For the attention of Ms V Shongwe
- Eastern Cape, Mthatha: For the attention of Ms N Koliti
Aplya nge Email
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 10 ka January 2022