Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Office of the Chief Justice - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 28 ka February 2020
- Grade (12);
- One (1) to three (3) years’ Secretarial experience or as an Office Assistant;
- A valid driver’s licence;
- An LLB Degree or a minimum of 20 modules completed towards an LLB, BA or BCom Law Degree will serve as an added advantage and results must accompany the application;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to pass a typing test.
Skills & Competencies
- Proficiency in English;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written);
- Administration and organizational skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Customer care service skills and excellent typing skills;
- Confidentiality and time management;
- Computer literacy (MS Word) and research capabilities.
- Typing (or format) of draft memorandum decision;
- Opinions or judgement entries written by or assigned by Judge;
- Provide general secretarial/administrative duties to the Judge;
- Manage and type correspondence;
- Judgements and orders for the Judge (including diary, phone typing);
- Arrange and diarize appointments;
- Meetings for official visits and make travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Safeguarding of all case files and the endorsement of case files with an order made by Judge;
- Update files, documents and provide copies of documents to the Registrar;
- Perform digital recording of Court proceedings on urgent court cases after hours and ensure integrity of such recordings;
- Store, keep and file Court records safely;
- Accompany the Judge to the Courts;
- Management of Judge’s vehicle, logbook and driving thereof;
- Compile data and prepare reports and documents for assigned Judges as necessary; including expense reports, continuing legal hours, financial disclosure statements and case management;
- Arrange receptions for the Judge and his or her visitors and attend to their needs;
- Management of Judge’s library and updating of documentation;
- Execute legal research as directed by the Judge and comply with Prescripts;
- Departmental policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes, including a competency assessment for Senior Management Service.
- Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies are allowed; certification should not be more than three months old).
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Applications received after the closing date, as well as applications received via fax or email, will NOT be considered or accepted.
- R257 508 per annum.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement. (Contract post include 37% in lieu of benefits)
- Mr S Mponzo Tel No: (043) 726 5217