Driver (Universal Accessibility & Disability Services) (2928)
Nelson Mandela University - Gqeberha, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Driver
Closing date yi 20th ka May 2022
- The purpose of this post is to provide safe and efficient operation of the adapted vehicle, to transport students with disabilities in and around the campuses and sites for practicum and to perform delivery and transportation administrative functions.
- To be considered for this post, candidates should possess Grade 12 and a minimum of 3 years' experience in driving.
- Candidates must possess an Unendorsed Driver’s license with a valid Professional Driving Permit (PDP) and they must have Level 3 First Aid Certificate.
Skills & Competencies
- Prepared to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Computer literacy and administration skills.
- General knowledge of the Nelson Mandela Bay Area and traffic bylaws.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak and write in English; ability to speak in isiXhosa is a prerequisite.
- Good knowledge of the National Vehicle Roadworthiness and Safety legislative requirements.
- Medically fit and adhere to medical surveillance examinations.
- Experience in transporting or working with persons with disabilities will be an advantage.
- Maintain the maintenance of UADS adapted vehicle.
- Monitor the outsourced adapted shuttle service.
- Ensure adequate supply of first aid and maintenance equipment on the vehicle
- Maintain daily travelling records.
- Assist with administrative duties in the office and delivery of student assistive devices and any other equipment related to the Unit.
- Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION e.g. contact person and telephone number, e-mail; etc. must be displayed on CV.
- Applications must be accompanied by a cover page on which applicants explain how they meet the requirements of the post.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 12 ka May 2022