Manager Potato Procurement
McCain Foods - Gqeberha, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Agriculture
Closing date ayichazwanga
- Providing operational leadership to the Agricultural Potato Procurement function to ensure it provides the appropriate volumes of raw material to the processing plants, in accordance with the Integrated Business Plan (IBP), at the appropriate time, place, cost and quality.
- Tertiary qualification in Agricultural Sciences.
- Post Graduate Qualification in Agriculture or Commerce advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience in the management of a commercial procurement function within the agricultural commercial sector, with specific reference to potato supply.
- Extensive experience in managing Agric and commercial supplier relationships.
- 3-5 years’ experience of raw material procurement, supply and logistics.
- Extensive experience of commercial farming and processing of agricultural products
- Responsible for the sustainable supply of raw material supply to meet the production requirement.
- Develop and implement appropriate and effective short and medium and long term Potato Supply plans to execute Potato Supply strategy and to optimize the Function’s ability to provide raw material at the appropriate time, quantity, cost and quality to the Processing Plants.
- Lead Extension Services and Raw Material Intake to achieve goals and objectives
- Manage Potato Supply Function within Budget.
- Manage Cost Saving initiatives in the function.
- The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities.
- It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate’s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 12 ka January 2022