Human Resource Clerk
Lovedale TVET College - King William's Town, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Human Resources
Closing date yi 14 ka December 2021
- Lovedale TVET College invites suitably qualified, innovative, result orientated and self-motivated candidates to apply.
- Grade 12/NQF Level 4 plus 1-2 years’ experience in a Human Resource Management environment OR a National Diploma in a recognized relevant qualification with no experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Understanding operations of PERSAL
- Understanding of registry duties and policies
- Computer skills
- Ability to capture data
- Understanding of Legislative Framework Government in the Public Services
- Storage and retrieval procedures in terms of the working environment
- Planning and organizing
- Communication (Good oral and written)
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Care Services
- Report writing.
Assist in the provision of Conditions of Services and Human Resource Records:
- Capture Pensions on PCM system
- Process Housing, Long Service Recognition, Injury on Duty, REQV, Overtime, Resettlement or Relocation) Allowances and Benefits in accordance with the Regulator’s Conditions and Service Policy
- Process PILIR cases
- Assist in processing and capturing application on leave of absence on PERSAL system
- Receive and process all termination requests and capturing of the requests on PERSAL system
- Performance management
- Deal with scanning of HR Records on NGN Scanning System
- File and safekeeping of Human Resource Records in line with the Record Management Systems
- Source and consolidate records required for Auditing purpose
- Assist with enquiries relating to Pension Fund, Medical Aid.
Render support in the provision of recruitment and selection process:
- Capture applications and handle responses
- Provide logistical and secretariat support during shortlisting and interviews (arrangements of interviews such as dates, venues and invitations to candidates)
- Compile appointment letters and receive assumption of duty letters from newly appointed officials
- Conduct reference check and arrange security screening and vetting for recommended candidates
- Process the confirmation of probation requests.
- Due to Covid-19 regulations, NO hand-delivered / posted applications will be accepted.
- Applications must be submitted on the new Z83 application form which can be downloaded from www.dpsa.org.za
- An OLD or UNSIGNED Z83 form will disqualify an application.
- The form must be accompanied by an updated comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications (a matric certificate, post-matric qualification(s), a South African green barcoded or card ID document and driver’s license).
- Non-South African citizens must attach a copy of their permanent resident permit.
- Should one be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate for the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test.
- The college reserves the right not to make appointment(s) to the advertised post(s).
- Coloured females are encouraged to apply.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to the following checks:
- Personal suitability;
- Criminal record;
- Citizenship verification;
- Financial/asset record;
- Qualification/study verification; and
- Previous employment verification.
- R173 703 p.a.
- Ms P Mncontso on 087 238 2223 (ext 1035)
Download Full Vacancy
- 14 December 2021 before 15h00