Project Manager - Strategic Projects Unit: 5 Year Fixed Term Contract
Eastern Cape Development Corporation - Quigney, East London, Eastern Cape
Contract | Engineering
Closing date yi 18 ka May 2022
- The Project Manager: Strategic Projects Unit will implement assigned infrastructure projects across the province, in line with external and internal funding provided.
- Manage consultants and contractors to ensure that projects are completed by applying project management principles which include quality, time frames, budget parameters, consultant and contractor service delivery agreements and any relevant and applicable legislation.
- They will also prepare individual project reports on status, expenditure, variations, delays, etc on the district projects to the Senior Manager: Implementation while ensuring that all risk related to assigned projects are mitigated.
- Minimum B(Tech) or degree in Built Environment and registered with the relevant Professional
- 4 years post graduate experience in the built environment of which 2 years must be in public sector project management.
- Management of consultants and contractors.
- Ensure that local SMMEs are utilised and exposed to methods and principles that promote their emergence in terms of CIDB Regulations.
- Apply use of local labour to its maximum benefit on projects.
- Apply appropriate project methodologies and disciplines.
- Identify contractual issues.
- Interact regularly with relevant stakeholders
- Apply appropriate, continuous, and timeous communication with all stakeholders.
Prepare individual project reports on status, expenditure, variations, delays, etc. on the district projects to the Senior Manager: Implementation.
- Supervise Interns
- Report on capacitation against criteria laid down by Professional Bodies.
- This is a 5-year fixed-term contract, and the successful candidate will be subjected to signing a performance contract.
- Candidates that meet the outlined requirements should submit their applications with a detailed CV with at least three contactable references, certified copies of educational qualifications and identity document. Background checks and verification of qualifications will be conducted on the shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not been contacted within 8 weeks after the closing date of the advertisement, regard your application as unsuccessful.
- In making these appointments, the ECDC reserves the right to apply the principles enshrined in the Employment Equity Act, its policies, and plans.
- Talent Consultant
- Tel: 043 704 5783