Finance Clerk Ref No: ECHEALTH/FC/CMH/APL/43/06/2022
Eastern Cape Department of Health - Mdantsane, East London, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 27 ka June 2022
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for these posts.
- National Senior Certificate/ NQF level 4 with no experience.
- One (1) year public service internship programme experience will be given preference.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of supply chain management procedures and policies, PFMA, PPPFA and national treasury regulations.
- Computer Literacy.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and be able to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Render financial support services within the institution.
- Conduct balancing and banking all money received at the end of each day.
- Keep deposit book, remittance register and other revenue related documents in a locked strong room.
- Account for the surpluses and shortfalls and keep abreast of financial developments.
- Ensure that the collection and receipting of revenue in terms of PFMA and Treasury Regulations.
- Ensure deposit slip bears bank stamp with correct deposit date after depositing money into the bank.
- Capture revenue receipts as may be required from time to time.
- Open files for debtor’s records, write and send letters of notification of debtors and follow up the cover departmental debts.
- Capture entities, attend to all queries related to debt including audit queries, capture journals and prepare reconciliation of debtor's account.
- Applications must be posted on the new Z83 Form, a comprehensive CV, indicating three reference persons: Name and Contact Numbers, A relationship with reference, Furthermore, Applicants are only required to submit a Z83 form and a comprehensive CV.
- Communication from the HR of the department regarding the requirements for certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Therefore, only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents (copies of Qualifications, Matric certificate, Identity document, Proof of registration, proof of citizenship if not RSA citizen) on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
- Applicants must note that further Personnel Suitability checks will be conducted on shortlisted candidates and that their appointment is subject to the outcome of these checks which include security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and criminal record checks.
- Reference checks will be done on nominated candidate(s).
- Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates.
- If you have not been contacted by the Department of Health within three (3) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- We thank all applicants for their interest.
- The system is available 24/7 and closes at 23:59 on the closing date.
- To report technical glitches, for assistance regarding the system, and/or for activation of your profile, send an email to: [email protected] (NB: FOR technical glitches only – No CVs).
- Email with your ID Number, your profile email address, details of the issue.
- Technical support is limited to working hours: (08:00-16:30 Monday - Thursday and 08:00-16:00 on Fri).
- Should you submit your applications/CVs to: [email protected] and not as specified – your application will be regarded as lost and will not be considered.
- Refer all application related enquiries to the specified contact person.
- R176 310 – R207 681 per annum (Level 05)
- Ms N. Matshaya Tel no 043 708 2121
Download Full Vacancy
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 13 ka June 2022