Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Registry Clerk X2
Department of Transport - King William's Town, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 6 ka December 2019
- A grade 12 / NQF Level 4 certificate.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of registry duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, and operate computer.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Knowledge of storage and retrieval procedures in terms of the working environment.
- Understanding of the work in registry.
- Computer skills.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Communication skills (Verbal & written).
- Planning and organisation.
- Provide registry counter services.
- Attend to clients.
- Handle telephonic and other enquiries received.
- Receive and register hand delivered mail/files.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Receive all mail.
- Sort, register and dispatch mail.
- Distribute notices on registry issues.
- Render an effective filing and record management service.
- Opening and close files according to record classification system.
- Filing/storage, tracing (electronically/manually) and retrieval of documents and files.
- Complete index cards for all files.
- Operate office machines in relation to the registry function.
- Open and maintain Franking machine register.
- Frank post, record money and update register on a daily basis.
- Undertake spot checks on post to ensure no private post is included.
- Lock post in postbag for messengers to deliver to Post Office.
- Open & maintain remittance register.
- Record all valuable articles as prescribed in the remittance register.
- Hand delivers and signs over remittances to finance.
- Send wrong remittances back to sender via registered post and record reference number in register.
- Keep daily record of amount of letters franked.
- Process documents for archiving and/ disposal.
- Electronic scanning of files.
- Sort and package files for archives and distribution.
- Compile list of documents to be archived and submit to the supervisor.
- Keep records for archived documents.
- Applications must be submitted on a Z83 Form (cofa), obtainable from any Public Service department which must be signed (an unsigned Z83 form will disqualify an application) and should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) [Matric certificate must also be attached] and ID-document and Driver’s license [where applicable].
- NonRSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of his/her Permanent Residence Permit to his/her application. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record check, citizenship verification, financial/asset record check, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification).
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes.
- Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test.
- Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of twelve (12) months.
- The Department reserves the right not to make appointment(s) to the advertised post(s).
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Mr. Ngcobo 043 604 7400 Ext 7455
- R173 703 – R204 612 per annum (Salary Level 5)
- DOT 31/11/2019