Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Principal Driver/Operator X52
Department of Transport - Various Areas, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 6 ka December 2019
- Gr 12/(NQF 4), (Grade 10 certificate or equivalent)
- Driver’s license (A minimum of Code 8, 10 &14)
- PRDP and practical test
Skills & Competencies
- Job Knowledge.
- Interpersonnal Relations
Support road construction and/or maintenance through the following
- Construction of culverts and side drains.
- Erection and maintenance of steel guardrails and gabions.
- Cleaning of side drains.
- Controlling of traffic.
- Removing of obstacles on the road.
Manage the allocated resources of the post incumbent in line with legislative and departmental policy directives and comply with corporate governance and planning imperatives
- Maintain high standards by ensuring that the team produces excellent work in terms of quality / quantity and timelines.
- Resolve problems of motivation and control with minimum guidance from manager.
- Delegate functions to staff based on individual potential provide the necessary guidance and support and afford staff adequate training and development opportunities.
- Ensure timeously development of job description and implementation of Work Plans and Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) for all employees in the team.
- Manage daily employee performance and ensure timely Performance Assessments of all subordinates.
- Ensure management, maintenance and safekeeping of assets.
- Applications must be submitted on a Z83 Form (cofa), obtainable from any Public Service department which must be signed (an unsigned Z83 form will disqualify an application) and should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) [Matric certificate must also be attached] and ID-document and Driver’s license [where applicable].
- NonRSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of his/her Permanent Residence Permit to his/her application. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record check, citizenship verification, financial/asset record check, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification).
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes.
- Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test.
- Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of twelve (12) months.
- The Department reserves the right not to make appointment(s) to the advertised post(s).
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Mr. Ngcobo 043 604 7400 Ext 7455
- R173 703 – R204 612 per annum (Salary Level 5)
Ref No OR Tambo X16
- DOT 21/11/2019
Ref No Joe Gqabi X5
- DOT 22/11/2019
Ref No Amathole X12
- DOT 23/11/2019
Ref No Alfred Nzo X5
- DOT 24/11/2019
Ref No Sarah Baartman x14
- DOT 25/11/2019