Senior State Accountant: Expenditure Ref No: 2022/216
Department of Public Works and Infrastructure - Mthatha, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 1st ka July 2022
- The Department of Public Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- The intention is to promote representativity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts and with persons whose appointment will promote representativity, will receive preference.
- An indication by candidates in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications.
- If no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups can be recruited, candidates from the represented groups will be considered.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF Level 6) in Finance/Accounting or equivalent in financial related field and with relevant years of work experience.
- A driver’s licence will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- The following will serve as a recommendation: Knowledge of PFMA and Treasury Regulations. Knowledge of LOGIS, and BAS and be computer literate. Be able and be prepared to work under pressure. Be a team player. Be creative and be able to pay attention to details.
- To supervise the Expenditure section, including Leasing and projects payments as well as the management of documents.
- To authorise/approve the payment and journal transactions on transversal systems, such as BAS, LOGIS, PMIS, WCS and any other prevailing systems.
- To ensure the reconciliation and clearance of suspense accounts, including the Creditors and Debtors Accounts.
- Ensure the consolidation and submission of Interim/Annual Financial Statements inputs to Head Office.
- Ensure the attendance of queries, including the audit queries.
- To train and develop subordinates under his/her supervision.
- To attend to other related duties as delegated by management.
- Kindly take note that with effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
- The Z83 form must be signed when submitted.
- To streamline the recruitment process to be more responsive to the public, as well as to create more protective measures during the pandemic by avoiding over-crowding and curb the costs incurred by applicants such measures should include the following regarding certification: Advertisement and accompanying notes must clearly capture the requirements for the certification to reflect that applicants must submit application with the following attachment (1) copies of qualifications, (2) identity document and (3) driver’s licence (where applicable) and any other relevant documents, such copies need not be certified when applying for the post.
- The communication from the HR of the department regarding requirements of certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Therefore only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
- The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the sectional “additional information” that candidates who are selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make final decision.
- It must be borne in mind that when a document is certified as a true copy of an original, the certifier only confirms it being a true copy of the original presented.
- Therefore, the certification process does not provide validation of the authenticity of the original document. The validation occurs when the documents is verified for authenticity.
- Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure that he or she is fully satisfied of the claims being made and these read with Regulations (57) (c) which requires the finalisation of Personnel Suitability Checks in order to verify claims and check the candidate for purpose of being fit and proper for employment. Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA.
- Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates.
- Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance.
- Faxed or late applications will NOT be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next 3 months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- R321 543 per annum
- Ms P Sani Tel No: (012) 492 3122
Download Full Vacancy
- Umtata Regional Office Applications: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X5007, Umtata, 5099.
- For Attention: Ms. N Mzalisi
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 20 ka June 2022