Senior Admin Officer: Acquisitions and Leasing Ref No: 2022/217
Department of Public Works and Infrastructure - Mthatha, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 1st ka July 2022
- The Department of Public Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- The intention is to promote representativity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts and with persons whose appointment will promote representativity, will receive preference.
- An indication by candidates in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications.
- If no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups can be recruited, candidates from the represented groups will be considered.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF Level 6) in Property Management, Real Estate, Public Management, Financial management or Law with sufficient relevant experience in acquisition of property rights in fixed property.
- A valid driver’s licence is compulsory and willingness to travel.
Skills & Competencies
- A sound understanding of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
- Understanding of property market trends and to be able to analyse the property market.
- Understanding of derivative forms of acquisitions of property (e.g.) expropriation, common law prescripts and others.
- Understanding of financial administration processes and systems, contractual policies and procedures as well as procurement processes and systems.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Interpersonal skills.
- General office administrative and organisational skills.
- Resourcefulness and creative.
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate at all levels.
- Duties include effective management of renewal of leases.
- Supervision of staff under Leasing Unit.
- Make reports to KAM and to head office.
- Control and manage budget for the unit.
- Manage total procurement for all leases and make sure that leased buildings are compliant.
- Make sure that leases are signed by both parties.
- Make sure that lease expiry is being managed.
- Understanding of Government procurement processes.
- Draft submission to the Bid Committee for renewal of the leases.
- Attend to site visits and be willing to travel extensively and work independently for extra hours.
- Make sure that leases buildings are compliant to OHS and other building regulations.
- Liaise with landlords and clients to make sure that buildings are compliant.
- Attend to reconciliation of payment of rental to leased buildings to make sure that correct rental is being paid.
- Attend to AG queries to avoid audit queries.
- Make budget projections for leases to avoid under and over expenditure.
- Update, verify leases on Archibus system and other related government systems regularly.
- Compile lease reports monthly.
- Conduct PMDS assessments for the subordinates and represent them to the moderation committee.
- Kindly take note that with effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
- The Z83 form must be signed when submitted.
- To streamline the recruitment process to be more responsive to the public, as well as to create more protective measures during the pandemic by avoiding over-crowding and curb the costs incurred by applicants such measures should include the following regarding certification: Advertisement and accompanying notes must clearly capture the requirements for the certification to reflect that applicants must submit application with the following attachment (1) copies of qualifications, (2) identity document and (3) driver’s licence (where applicable) and any other relevant documents, such copies need not be certified when applying for the post.
- The communication from the HR of the department regarding requirements of certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Therefore only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
- The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the sectional “additional information” that candidates who are selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make final decision.
- It must be borne in mind that when a document is certified as a true copy of an original, the certifier only confirms it being a true copy of the original presented.
- Therefore, the certification process does not provide validation of the authenticity of the original document. The validation occurs when the documents is verified for authenticity.
- Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure that he or she is fully satisfied of the claims being made and these read with Regulations (57) (c) which requires the finalisation of Personnel Suitability Checks in order to verify claims and check the candidate for purpose of being fit and proper for employment. Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA.
- Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates.
- Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance.
- Faxed or late applications will NOT be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next 3 months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- R321 543 per annum
- Ms B. Tuswa Tel No: (047) 502 7079
Download Full Vacancy
- Post to: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X5007, Umtata, 5099.
- For Attention: Ms. N Mzalisi
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 20 ka June 2022