Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Administration Officer: Registration
Department of Correctional Services - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 25th ka September 2020
- Grade 12 and recognized degree/national diploma and 2-3 years relevant experience in the field of public records and archives or similar environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of registry and archives.
- Knowledge of departmental policies, legislation, strategies and programs.
- Knowledge of records management policies and legislation.
- Experience in public administration.
- Ability to develop training or learning programmes.
- Computer literate.
Skills & Competencies
- Plan and organize, client orientation and communication, policy analysis an interpretation, report writing, Knowledge of Public Service Regulations.
- Knowledge of procurement administration and public finance administration, Integrity and honesty, confidentiality, interpersonal relations, accuracy, independent networking, influence and impact.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Manage archives and registry sections.
- Transfer records to archives.
- Withdraw records from archives and registry.
- Dispose of files.
- Control uniform filling system.
- Safe keeping of departmental files.
- General filing.
- Management of assets
- All costs associated with an application will be borne by the applicant.
- The Department of Correctional Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- The Department will take into consideration the objectives of Section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996) and the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) in filling of these vacancies.
- It is our intention to promote representative in respect of race, gender and disability through the filling of these positions.
- In support of this strategy, applicants need to indicate race, gender and disability status on the application form and CV.
- Applicants who are not citizens of South Africa or have retired from the Public Service with a specific determination that they cannot be re-appointed or have been declared medically unfit will not be considered.
- Please take note that correspondence will only be conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application is unsuccessful.
- Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, criminal records verification and medical fitness.
- Appointment to some of these posts will be provisional, pending the issue of a security clearance.
- If you cannot get a security clearance, your appointment will be re-considered/possibly terminated.
- Finger prints may be taken on the day of interviews.
- Take note that in certain posts competency based assessment will be conducted.
- The Department of Correctional Services reserves the right not to fill any of these advertised posts.
- For applications to be accepted, applications must be submitted on form Z83 (Public Service Application form), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and must be completed in full.
- Applications must be accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications and ID NOT older than 6 months.
- Where an advertisement states that a valid Driver’s Licence is required, then please submit a certified copy of your licence.
- Please send a separate and complete application for each post you apply for, stating the correct reference for each position you are interested in.
- Faxed/posted applications will not be accepted: Candidates must comply with the minimum appointment requirements.
- CV’s should be aligned to reflect one’s degree of compliance with the above-mentioned requirements and responsibilities.
- Applications must reach DCS before the closing date and time.
- It is the sole responsibility of an applicant to ensure that their application reaches DCS before the stipulated closing date and time.
- The requirements of each position are in accordance with the Relevant Occupational Specific Dispensation.
- As the Department is obliged to improve on its gender representative levels, people with disabilities are especially invited to present their candidature. Employment Equity targets of the Department will be adhered to.
- The post advertisement is also placed on the intranet under News: Post advertisements and it is available on the DCS website: WWW.DCS.GOV.ZA Vacancies, for your convenience.
- Indicate the reference number, Regional Office, Management Area and Correctional Centre and position you are applying for on your application form (Z83).
- Applications must be submitted electronically via e-mail.
- No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
- R257 508 per annum
- Ms. Z Myataza at (043) 706 7866
- Mr. HH Ndlela at (043 7067834)
Download Full Vacancy
- Eastern Cape Region
- St Albans Management Area
- Area Commissioner's Office