Manager: Corridor Development
Chris Hani Development Agency - Queenstown, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Agriculture
Closing date yi 20th ka May 2022
- B Degree in Agriculture, Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, or related
- Certification in Project Management an added advantage
- Minimum competencies in line with MFMA 56 of 2003 an added advantage
- Minimum 5-10 years related experience with the following: Facilitation of development projects; Co-ordination of development programmes
Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to network at various levels of the public sector, as well as a developed ability to secure, mobilise and manage partnerships in development projects
- Proven ability to coordinate the activities of the specialists in the development corridors and provide strategic, programme and project packaging, planning and implementation backup support and oversight
- Proven ability in marketing, commercialisation of development projects, and attracting of key investment / investors to support economic development
- Proven ability to write business proposals, business plans, conduct feasibility analyses and raise funding
- Develop a comprehensive corridor development projects portfolio for the agency which fits within the South African Government broader rural development strategies and plans so as to meet the development objectives for South Africa
- Project conceptualisation, feasibility assessments, business plan development to support project fundraising efforts
- Programme and project management and oversight, and ensuring that all project activities are implemented in a technically sound, timely, and cost-effective manner in accordance with all policies and regulations of the CHDA.
- Stakeholder engagement, spearheading and supporting collaborative work and working closely with development partners with investments in the Chris Hani District
- Lead and facilitate information sharing sessions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the procurement planning of the projects in portfolio and ensure that results are achieved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the projects are designed to provide sustainable value to communities and local business
- Maintain regular contact with organizations that are in the development sector to be able to share knowledge, learn best practises and co-funding/partnerships where possible.
- Develop local economic development strategies and project approaches that complement the entire development projects portfolio, ranging from agribusiness development, skills development, manufacturing and related activities
- All applicants to complete and submit the mandatory Application Form (MSA 32-2000), available on the CHDA website at https://www.chda.org.za
- Applications to include a completed and signed application form, cover letter, detailed CV, and applicable supporting documents
- All enquiries on applications can be addressed to Ms Flicker Tiso, Finance and Administration Manager, on [email protected], or 045-8074018.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by end of May 2022.
- Should you not have been contacted by then, kindly note that your application has been un-successful.
- CHDA reserves the right to subject all applicants to a screening, vetting and competency assessment process.
- CHDA reserves the right to not appoint.
- VAC 001/2022-2023
- Applications can be delivered in a sealed envelope to the Receptionist at CHDA offices, 15 Warner Street, Queenstown
Aplaya nge Email
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 12 ka May 2022