Community Healthcare Workers X3
AQUITY Innovations NPC - O.R. Tambo District Municipality, Eastern Cape
Contract | Healthcare
Closing date yi 25th ka January 2022
- The incumbent will be working with a designated team in sub-district to screen communities for TB and COVID-19 link them to care and provide support to patients during their treatment journey and prevention of TB and COVID-19 during the current pandemic.
- Must have at least a Grade 10-12 qualification
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the public health sector/ working as community health care worker or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the TB/HIV sector will be an added advantage
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to use and capture on a mobile tablet
- Fluency in English and district local languages (OR Tambo: IsiXhosa. Ehlanzeni: Siswati; Xitsonga)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ensuring that patients with COVID-19 receive the necessary support
- Assisting in educating patients and their families on COVID-19 and TB prevention and management as well as on infection prevention measures.
- Report to catchment health facility to get list of all TB cases in your area of intervention
- Participate in door to door to activations to conduct health education on COVID-19 and TB infection control
- Screen people for TB, including collection of sputum and delivery to health facilities/GP
- Linkage of TB patients to allocated Health facilities and psychosocial services
- Assist in the distribution of nutritional packages, IEC material and medication for TB patients
- Ensure TB patients on treatments are attending monthly appointments in health facilities
- Report to QI Officers on patients screened, diagnosed, linked to care and visited
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Monthly Total Cost to Company of R4 800.00. Funding till 31st March 2022.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 19 ka January 2022