Amahlathi Local Municipality - Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Municipality
Closing date yi 17 ka July 2020
- Grade 12;
- National Diploma, N6 Diploma in Electrical Engineering or A Recognised Apprenticeship as Electrician or relevant qualifications;
- N4 National Technical Certificate Electrical (heavy current);
- 4 years’ experience in the related field;
- Registration with ECSA will be an added advantage;
- Municipal environment experience would be an advantageous;
- Required to work outside normal working hours;
- Valid Code C1 Driver’s Licence is a prerequisite.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the electricity networks;
- Responsible for the maintenance of public lights in the area;
- Responsible for the construction of overhead lines bare and insulated conductors both; medium and low voltage;
- Marking out, laying of cables, terminating jointing thereof both medium and low tension;
- Responsible for refurbishing faulty fittings removed from site;
- Connecting switchgear and transformers;
- Repairs to building;
- Managing staff and resources;
- Makes decisions in the absence of the Manager: Electricity;
- Reports directly to Manager: Electricity;
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and any other duties attached to the post.
- Interested persons should fill the application forms that are available at the Amahlathi Offices and website www.amahlathi.gov.za.
- The covering letter and the detailed CVs must be attached to the application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates including ID, Drivers licence and submitted.
- For enquiries please contact Ms. B. Mbelwana / T. Ndlamhlaba at (043) 492 1268
- Closing Date: 17th July 2020 @ 15h30
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within 30 days after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
- It must be noted that Amahlathi Local Municipality reserves the right not to appoint in this position.
- No faxed, e-mailed, incomplete and late application will be considered.
- Canvassing with Councillors and whoever, is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
- Amahlathi Local Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and thus in terms of its approved Employment Equity Plan, persons from previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
- R303 260 – R393 640 per annum excluding benefits
- TASK Grade 12
- Membership of Medical Aid, Pension, Provident or Retirement Fund;
- Annual Leave, in accordance with the standard leaves regulations;
- 13th Cheque after completion of one-year service;
- Housing Subsidy scheme subject to certain conditions;
- Study bursary and incentive scheme subject to certain conditions.
Download Full Vacancy
- Deliver at: Amahlathi Local Municipality, Corporate Services Department, 14 Long Street, Stutterheim
- Post applications to: Private Bag X 4002, STUTTERHEIM, 4930
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka June 2020