Amahlathi Local Municipality - Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Municipality
Closing date yi 17 ka July 2020
- Grade 12;
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification, B-Tech will be an added advantage;
- NQF Level 5 or 7 in Labour Intensive Construction (LIC) will be an added advantage;
- Professional registration or in the process of such registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa;
- Minimum of 3 years’ road design experience and a minimum of 3 years’ project management experience are essential;
- Good communication skills;
- Contract Management experience;
- Computer literacy in MS Software packages viz. Word, Excel and project (design package experience required as some project will be done in-house);
- Experience in the management of the Municipal Infrastructure Grant (MIG) or any other;
- National programmes will be added advantages;
- A valid code 8 driver’s license is a prerequisite.
- Management of the Amahlathi Local Municipality (ALM) Municipal Infrastructure Grant (MIG) and other Provincial/National Funded Programmes within the ALM;
- Liaison with Consultants, Contractors and Community development structures;
- Liaison with other spheres of Government, Municipalities, Councillors and the public;
- Appraisal of civil engineering proposals;
- Design reports and tender reports;
- Civil engineering design, estimation and tendering;
- Annual budgeting & cash-flow management;
- Financial control of project and operational budgets;
- Iimplementation of all projects through utilization of EPWP Principles and registration of MIG funded projects on MIG, MIS system and any other duties attached to the post.
- Interested persons should fill the application forms that are available at the Amahlathi Offices and website www.amahlathi.gov.za.
- The covering letter and the detailed CVs must be attached to the application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates including ID, Drivers licence and submitted.
- For enquiries please contact Ms. B. Mbelwana / T. Ndlamhlaba at (043) 492 1268
- Closing Date: 17th July 2020 @ 15h30
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within 30 days after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
- It must be noted that Amahlathi Local Municipality reserves the right not to appoint in this position.
- No faxed, e-mailed, incomplete and late application will be considered.
- Canvassing with Councillors and whoever, is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
- Amahlathi Local Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and thus in terms of its approved Employment Equity Plan, persons from previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
- R384 408 – R498 991 per annum excluding benefits
- TASK Grade 14
- Membership of Medical Aid, Pension, Provident or Retirement Fund;
- Annual Leave, in accordance with the standard leaves regulations;
- 13th Cheque after completion of one-year service;
- Housing Subsidy scheme subject to certain conditions;
- Study bursary and incentive scheme subject to certain conditions.
Download Full Vacancy
- Deliver at: Amahlathi Local Municipality, Corporate Services Department, 14 Long Street, Stutterheim
- Post applications to: Private Bag X 4002, STUTTERHEIM, 4930
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka June 2020