Project Management Unit Manager
Amahlathi Local Municipality - Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
Contract | Municipality
Closing date yi 17 ka July 2020
- B. Tech; BSc Eng. Or B. Eng in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification;
- Professional registration or in the process of such registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa as a Professional Engineer or Technologist [must at the time of application be at least registered as candidate Engineer/Technologist & proof of registration must be attached to the CV];
- Minimum of 3 years’ management experience in this field in general;
- Contract and project management experience;
- Competency in NQF Level 5 labour intensive construction;
- Good communication & staff management skills are essential;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Professional software;
- Proficiency in isi-Xhosa language & Local Government experience will be an added advantage;
- A qualification relating to the National Treasury Competency Requirements for Senior Officials e.g. CPMD/MFMP/ELMDP will be an added advantage;
- A valid code 8 driver’s license is a prerequisite.
- Head the Project Management Unit (PMU);
- Reporting direct to the Director: Engineering Service;
- Responsible to manage and execute all Municipal Infrastructure Grant (MIG) and Capital Projects;
- Manage construction of projects and serve as a principle agent for projects;
- Monitor progress and finances regarding escalation and reasons thereof;
- Manage service providers and consultants e.g. Architects and contractors;
- Certify approval for quality and payment purposes;
- Verify and sign off bill of quantities and project implementation plans;
- Address contractual matters and report monthly regarding progress challenges;
- Compare actual expenditure versus budget and any other duties attached to the post.
- Interested persons should fill the application forms that are available at the Amahlathi Offices and website www.amahlathi.gov.za.
- The covering letter and the detailed CVs must be attached to the application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates including ID, Drivers licence and submitted.
- For enquiries please contact Ms. B. Mbelwana / T. Ndlamhlaba at (043) 492 1268
- Closing Date: 17th July 2020 @ 15h30
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within 30 days after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
- It must be noted that Amahlathi Local Municipality reserves the right not to appoint in this position.
- No faxed, e-mailed, incomplete and late application will be considered.
- Canvassing with Councillors and whoever, is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
- Amahlathi Local Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and thus in terms of its approved Employment Equity Plan, persons from previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
- R498 991.00 – R647 719.00 per annum excluding benefits
- TASK Grade 16
- A 5-year Fixed Employment Contract
- Membership of Medical Aid, Pension, Provident or Retirement Fund;
- Annual Leave, in accordance with the standard leaves regulations;
- 13th Cheque after completion of one-year service;
- Housing Subsidy scheme subject to certain conditions;
- Study bursary and incentive scheme subject to certain conditions.
Download Full Vacancy
- Deliver at: Amahlathi Local Municipality, Corporate Services Department, 14 Long Street, Stutterheim
- Post applications to: Private Bag X 4002, STUTTERHEIM, 4930
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka June 2020