Amahlathi Local Municipality - Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Municipality
Closing date yi 17 ka July 2020
- A Diploma/B Tech degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Qualification
- Certificate in Project Management;
- Registration as a Professional Technician / Technologist [ECSA]/ Registration as a candidate Project Manager [SACPCMP];
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the related field;
- Municipal environment experience would be an advantageous;
- Problem solving and analytical;
- Knowledge of Local Government Legislations;
- A valid code 8 driver’s license is a prerequisite.
- Report to Director: Engineering Services;
- Prepares reports to council via standing committee of the Amahlathi Municipality;
- Deals with consumer queries timeously, concisely and professionally so as to maintain a healthy customer relationship;
- Allocates the approved budget provision to the different divisions;
- Monitor and controls expenditure;
- Decides whether work should be carried out internally or outsourced;
- Directs the activities of staff to keep the network in a safe state;
- Inspects plant, workshops and equipment;
- Monitors the loading on network through local measurements;
- Analyse load recordings as to identify problem areas with a view to take corrective action;
- Provide suppliers to various categories of consumers (installing the appropriate infrastructure and equipment;
- Conducts brainstorming sessions with senior staff;
- Conducts formal and informal staff appraisals;
- Develops methods of improving staff output and any other duties attached to the post.
- Interested persons should fill the application forms that are available at the Amahlathi Offices and website www.amahlathi.gov.za.
- The covering letter and the detailed CVs must be attached to the application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates including ID, Drivers licence and submitted.
- For enquiries please contact Ms. B. Mbelwana / T. Ndlamhlaba at (043) 492 1268
- Closing Date: 17th July 2020 @ 15h30
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within 30 days after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
- It must be noted that Amahlathi Local Municipality reserves the right not to appoint in this position.
- No faxed, e-mailed, incomplete and late application will be considered.
- Canvassing with Councillors and whoever, is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
- Amahlathi Local Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and thus in terms of its approved Employment Equity Plan, persons from previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
- R498 991.00 – R647 719.00 per annum excluding benefits
- TASK Grade 16
- Membership of Medical Aid, Pension, Provident or Retirement Fund;
- Annual Leave, in accordance with the standard leaves regulations;
- 13th Cheque after completion of one-year service;
- Housing Subsidy scheme subject to certain conditions;
- Study bursary and incentive scheme subject to certain conditions.
Download Full Vacancy
- Deliver at: Amahlathi Local Municipality, Corporate Services Department, 14 Long Street, Stutterheim
- Post applications to: Private Bag X 4002, STUTTERHEIM, 4930
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka June 2020