Engineering Technician (Roads)
Amahlathi Local Municipality - Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Municipality
Closing date yi 17 ka July 2020
- Grade 12;
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification, or B-Tech in Civil Engineering will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience;
- A valid code 8 driver’s license is a prerequisite.
- Assists the direct supervisor to identify and define the immediate, short term objectives and plans associated with the provision, support and maintenance of the Business Unit (BU) and Infrastructure;
- Facilitating the implementation of specific procedures, systems and controls to guide user interface and system applications;
- Identifies and defines the immediate and short term objectives/plans associated with road and storm-water maintenance;
- Keeping abreast with technological developments in the rehabilitation and maintenance of roads and storm-water drainage regulations;
- Analysing and aligning requirements with operating capacity and capability;
- Controls the professional, technical and operational outcomes associated with the functions related to road and storm-water maintenance;
- Managing the operational functions and resources (materials, plant and vehicles, depot operations) and monitors utilisation and cost effectiveness of activities against operational plans;
- Monitoring the adequacy of procedures and compliance with departmental guidelines;
- Approving plans, drawings, designs and cost estimates for minor new works and, monitoring the implementation sequences thereof;
- Evaluating interventions and/or the design and construction of Road and Storm-water Drainage Infrastructure contemplated or affected through external sources;
- Assessing material design, introduction of new materials and equipment and its impact on the functioning and level of service delivery;
- Assists the direct supervisor in preparing capital and operating estimates and controls expenditure against the approved budget allocations and any other duties attached to the post.
- Interested persons should fill the application forms that are available at the Amahlathi Offices and website www.amahlathi.gov.za.
- The covering letter and the detailed CVs must be attached to the application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates including ID, Drivers licence and submitted.
- For enquiries please contact Ms. B. Mbelwana / T. Ndlamhlaba at (043) 492 1268
- Closing Date: 17th July 2020 @ 15h30
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within 30 days after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
- It must be noted that Amahlathi Local Municipality reserves the right not to appoint in this position.
- No faxed, e-mailed, incomplete and late application will be considered.
- Canvassing with Councillors and whoever, is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
- Amahlathi Local Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and thus in terms of its approved Employment Equity Plan, persons from previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
- R303 260 – R393 640 per annum excluding benefits
- TASK Grade 12
- Membership of Medical Aid, Pension, Provident or Retirement Fund;
- Annual Leave, in accordance with the standard leaves regulations;
- 13th Cheque after completion of one-year service;
- Housing Subsidy scheme subject to certain conditions;
- Study bursary and incentive scheme subject to certain conditions.
Download Full Vacancy
- Deliver at: Amahlathi Local Municipality, Corporate Services Department, 14 Long Street, Stutterheim
- Post applications to: Private Bag X 4002, STUTTERHEIM, 4930
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka June 2020